PTE Exam Preparation Tips
PTE Exam Preparation Tricks
- Whether you want to enrol in a PTE tutoring facility or study for the PTE test on your own, it is critical that you work hard on a continuous basis.
- There are several resources available online to assist you in better preparing.
- You might also utilise the coursebooks in addition to the online materials.
- Don't put off studying until the exam is almost upon you. The sooner you begin studying, the easier it will be to ace the exam.
What is the Time for PTE Preparation?
PTE Exam Preparation Tips?
- Candidates are asked to be at the PTE Academic Test centre 30 minutes before the reporting time in order to arrive on time and prevent any last-minute headaches.
- They would be escorted into their test-taking room once they had maintained their personal items in their assigned area. Candidates should ensure that they do not have any forbidden items on them while taking the exam. They would be sent to their system in order to take the PTE Academic exam.
- Students will be offered a 10-minute break during the PTE Exam. They would be forced to return to the PTE Testing Room after this period.
How to Prepare for PTE exam at home
- It is critical to comprehend the fundamentals as understanding how each question is graded can help quickly turn the tables in your favour. Ensure to make a point of paying great attention to the instructions in each question.
- If there is a time limit, make sure to respond within that time frame. If the question has a multiple-choice option, don't pick one until you are certain. Maintain correct fluency when speaking, and attempt to seem as natural as native as possible.
- How to prepare for the PTE exam? Knowing your grey areas will help you improve by allowing you to work on them. It is important to have a solid awareness of which inquiries you are at ease with and which ones make you nervous. Seeing your accomplishments and blunders on a regular basis gives you a clear image of your current status. So, continue to push yourself and practise.
- For scoring, PTE not only considers your communicative skills but provides a proper review of your thinking skills as well. In speaking, you will need to have good listening skills which will help write efficiently or answer reading questions, you must know the right vocabulary and have an understanding of the grammar and coherence.
- While listening, you will need to know the right spellings, or else you could lose a big deal of scores. Regular practice and getting evaluated on your daily attempts will help you know your exact position and will enable you to decide when to go for an actual PTE exam.
- Time Management And Focus Are The Key as there are two qualities that are required for PTE academic preparation. The other half is the right knowledge of the English language. Time management comes with consistent practice. Mindfulness comes with concentration so having an outright presence of mind and staying alert works when you want to score high in PTE.
Course Book for PTE
These are some of the PTE study material that students can refer to & are essential for the PTE academic test.
- The Official Guide to PTE Academic
- Expert PTE Academic Coursebook B1 & B2
- PTE Academic Practice Test Plus – Volume 1 and 2
- Wiley’s PTE Advantage For The Academic Module (WIND)
- PTE Academic Official Vocabulary 2020-2021
PTE Study Plan
Once you've done all of the sectional practices, take an unscored practice test to familiarise yourself with the entire exam and to get a feel for it.
Students can finally realise their dreams thanks to the availability of several Scholarships and school loans. Scholarships, as well as other fellowships and scholarships, are accessible on the official website of each college and are granted to worthy students on a regular basis. Students can also obtain education loans from financial entities in order to study abroad. If you want to study abroad but are concerned about the requirements, PTE is the test to take. PTE is recognised by practically all universities and is approved by the Home Office for all visa and immigration applications. Students can take the test at one of the test centres or at any of the +250 test centres in the global network. Students must go to a facility that offers PTE Academic for UK Visas & Immigration if they need to take a Secure English Language Test (SELT) for the visa.
The best way to prepare for any test including PTE Academic would be to have a plan in mind. The plan should include a timetable that covers the entire syllabus while also leaving plenty of time for practise papers. Topics that are difficult for the candidate should be given extra attention, while easy sections should be solved.
- Take multiple practice tests.
- Make the best use of all available online resources.
- Join an online PTE coaching centre if you would like to
The average time needed to prepare for the PTE exam is between 4 and 6 weeks.
PTE Academic test format has three components:
- Part 1: Speaking & Writing
- Part 2: Reading
- Part 3: Listening
Yes, you can take notes during the exam, but you cannot take notes using a pen.
Candidates cannot wear jackets, hoodies, scarves, gloves, caps, beanies and hats. Apart from these, there are no other restrictions.
The total number of hours given to complete the PTE exam is 3 hours.
A candidate who is familiar with the PTE Academic syllabus and has prepared thoroughly for the exam with total sincerity and enthusiasm will pass the PTE Academic exam with flying colours.
This is entirely at the candidate's discretion. Students who have taken the test before and are taking it again will need less time to prepare than first-time test takers. Putting a number in would be incorrect.
This is entirely at the discretion of Pearson PLC Group, the organisation in charge of the PTE Academic exam.